BROADWAY SHOW BLOG

Since I was a little girl, I have loved to go to Broadway shows. In fact, my first word ever was “Annie!” I grew up around Broadway shows and musicals constantly. I loved almost all of the Broadway shows I was introduced to. I grew up an hour from New York City, so I was able to attend my first Broadway show at the age of five. While I have had the privilege of attending many Broadway shows, there are a few in particular shows that I still listen to very often.
My favorite Broadway show is Rent. It is interesting to me how that one could be my favorite, because it is the one show I loved that I have not seen live in New York. I did see the film though. I believe that the first song I heard from that show was Seasons of Love. Anytime I talk about that show with anyone, I always ask if they know that song. Most people know the song. I love the entire soundtrack. I would say, I listen to a song from the show every single week.  Not only do I love the soundtrack, but I think the story line is the most fascinating and most realistic. Most Broadway shows are simply made up stories that I would be unable to relate to, but this show exemplifies a sense of “reality” the most. From seeing La Bohéme recently, I have an even greater appreciation for not only the show that inspired Rent, but Rent itself.
Another show I love, is Annie. Annie introduced me to my love for music. I grew up listening to the Annie soundtrack every single day. Annie has been performed not only Broadway, but has also been adapted to film versions. I don’t remember listening to the songs when I was really little, but from time to time, my parents mention how obsessed I became with music from such a young age.
Lastly, I love Wicked. I believe the Wicked cast has one of the most powerful set of voices ever to set foot on Broadway. The song Defying Gravity originally sang by Idina Menzel gave me chills the first time I ever listened to it. I have been privileged to have been able to see Wicked two times. I believe anyone who plays Glinda or Elphaba is truly gifted.

I believe that Broadway shows will always be a huge part of my life. I love almost any musical, and or musical film I have ever seen. The most recent musical film I have seen is The Greatest Showman. I know musical films and Broadway shows are in different categories but they both deserve recognition because some of the most impressive music are created there.

Comments

Popular Posts