Blog 1- Introducing Me

Hi! My name is Kamryn Smith. I am currently a freshman at the University of Tampa. As a young child, I knew that I wanted to pursue a career within the Entertainment Business. I wasn’t completely sure I wanted to focus on one specific field, so I decided to major in New Media Production. My major focuses on the entire business and in my opinion, our economical future. Once I arrived at the University, I found a new passion for Graphic Design. I found my love for digital media within a mandatory class required for my major. Now, Graphic Design has become my minor. Before college, I knew I liked music, film, and technology, but now I can say I love entertainment entirely.
I would also say I am a well-rounded individual. I am not only involved with music and film, but I also enjoy other hobbies including sports and adventuring. I think since I am involved in many different things, I am more open to exploring new ideas and topics, rather than instantly being afraid. Since this course is based around the use of technology, I know that the information I learn will only benefit me in my future career.
I believe that this class will broaden my interests. When I first looked at the syllabus, my initial reaction was that I would have to work very hard to create successful projects. Although there are many chapters and projects in this course, I am the most excited for this class. I think this class sounds interesting because it focuses on a wide range of interests within the arts. As you may assume, I like to be involved with as many areas as I can be. I am eager to grasp a greater understanding within Digital Media because it is our future. I was also thrilled to hear that my professor enjoys Graphic Design! Although this class will be challenging, the challenge is accepted and I am ready for the semester to come!


Comments

Popular Posts